Please note that public transport such a mini-buses and public buses are not the advised method to travel whilst visiting Centurion. We suggest booking a private taxi such as UBER, using the Gautrain and its allocated buses or calling a hotel shuttle when needing transport.
Gautrain is an 80-kilometre (50 mi) mass rapid transit railway system in Gauteng, South Africa, which links Johannesburg, Pretoria, Ekhuruleni and O. R. Tambo International Airport. It was built to relieve the traffic congestion in the Johannesburg–Pretoria traffic corridor and offer commuters a viable alternative to road transport, as Gauteng has limited public transport infrastructure.
Planning your journey via the Gautrain – Gautrain_User_Guide_FA
Fares – Gautrain fares
CUSTOMER CALL CENTRE: 0800 428 87246
Gautrain bus stop
Bus stops in the Centurion area – Bus_Route_Map_Highveld_C1
Uber connects you with a reliable ride in minutes. One tap and a car comes directly to you. Your driver knows exactly where to go. And you can pay with either cash or card.
Requesting your Uber is easy—here’s how it works:
- Download the Uber app on your phone
- Open the app and tell us where you’re going
- The app uses your location so your driver knows where to pick you up
- You’ll see your driver’s picture, vehicle details, and can track their arrival on the map
- Payment can be made by credit card, cash in select cities, Android Pay, PayPal, and more
- After the ride, you can rate your driver and provide feedback to help us improve the Uber experience. You’ll also get a receipt by email
Want to save money on your ride? Take uberPOOL—you’ll travel with other riders headed your way and enjoy a lower fare.
- R. Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg to Lewende Woord Centurion
- Gautrain station Centurion to Lewende Woord Centurion
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Pretoria Centurion to Lewende Woord Centurion
- InnJoy Boutique Hotel, Centurion to Lewende Woord Centurion